2006年9月29日 星期五

Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Wikimania 2007 City Bidding Banner of Taipei
After weeks preparing the Wikimania City Bidding Contest, the jury had announced that Taipei is been chosen to host Wikimania 2007 in September 25 (Monday). As a Wikipedian and a member of the Taipei bidding team, I'm very happy with the result. But we did not happy for too long because we have realized that now there are more responsibilities to be put on us (mostly the pressure is from ourselves). Now it's not just a bid or contest, it's a real thing to host a international conference. I think we need more blessings and wisdom for the preparation of Wikimania 2007.

Last Thursday night I made the bidding banner by using the newly announced Ulead PhotoImpact 12. Well, it's not difficult to make it. Just a little editing and then the bidding banner is done. Nice looking and sweet. :) I've been used to use Ulead products to make my life to have more fun (and sometimes to do some serious things). Now I'm considering to make some video for Wikimania by using MediaStudio. BTW, the most difficult thing is not how you use the tool. Most of the time it's how you can get the idea to edit the video. And now I would definitely need some idea to make that video. Fortunately I still have 11 months for the video so I can take my time for the idea. :)

I know some people in other bidding team do not like the decision the jury had made. But take it seriously, if the jury chose your city to host Wikimania, we people in the other end of the earth will also have the issues that you have. BTW, I think maybe those people do not understand this because sometimes people just cannot see things in a much neutral point...

All I can say is that we Taipei team will try our best for Wikimania 2007 and we are looking forward that you can join us together to work on Wikimania in Taipei. At least, we are all sharing the same vision of Wikimedia Foundation and we share our knowledge to benefit the human beings via Wikimedia projects like Wikipedia.

People who work on non-profit Wikimedia projects are volunteers and devote themselves to share knowledge in their leisure time. It does not conflict with my job in Ulead, if you have doubts on that. :)

Viva Taipei!! Go for it!!

1 則留言:

  1. 從Wiki連過來你這,
    本來想加入翻譯,
    但看了半天都搞不清楚怎麼把名字加到list.
    哈哈....
    我也是基督徒, 也去過靈糧堂
    很高興認識你!!!

    回覆刪除