2016年1月22日 星期五

Three things I think LG needs to do with its upcoming G5

Just saw Joe Levi wrote an article on PocketNow called "Five things LG needs to do to make the LG G5 launch success", and here's three things I think LG needs to do with its newly G5.

As a current owner of LG G4, past owner of LG G3, the most important things I think LG needs to do for its G5 are:

1) Improve build quality.

My G4 suddenly went dead last month, and it's 5 months after I bought it on July. I have several friends bough G4 and got the same sudden dead issue. One of my friend got WiFi connection issue before his G4 went dead. I have the same experience with my old G3 back in 2014 also. And if you google it with "LG G4 sudden dead", you will find that we are not alone. I sold my G3 right after I got it back from the repair center. I'm still using my G4 though, but G4 would be my last LG phone.

2) Improve ROM quality.

Both my G3 & G4 are laggy after sometime usage, especially when I use the official LG Optimus Launcher. The situation got improved after I replaced the launcher with Google Now Launcher.

Actually LG did a good job on its new Android 6.0 firmware of G4. It fixes lots of issues, but it has some new minor issues, too. But all in all, LG really did good on this Android 6.0 upgrade. However the most strange thing is that I cannot upgrade to this new Android 6.0 firmware via OTA. I don't understand why because all my other phones and tables can upgrade to Android 6.0 via OTA, only LG cann't.

3) Low light image capturing and video recording.

The G4 camera is indeed a very good one and is the reason I decided to try LG again, until I tried to take a shot or record a video under low light condition. The camera itself take too dark under the low light condition (in a bar or cafe), and the OIS function seems not working. I also have a iPhone 6 Plus and Nexus 5, they both won't have the same issue. Thus I believe it's a issue of LG firmware (or the LG Camera App).

IMHO LG still did a good work on G4 (especially on Camera under Daylight condition), but I think they can do better on G5 with these three things.

沒有留言:

張貼留言